Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kindergarten Field Trip to the Fort Worth Zoo

I think it's a rite of passage here in DFW... all Kindergarten classes must take the obligatory trip to the Fort Worth Zoo or you can't move on to 1st grade.

Today I was the chaperone on Little Miss's class trip to the zoo. Little Man went to Meme's house to play all day while Little Miss and I had Mommy/Daughter bonding at the zoo. Great day except for the fact that I do not do well on the big yellow bus - especially when I have to sit in the back. I was queasy for the first half of the zoo trip - sick enough that I decided to catch a ride home with one of the other moms that came.




Little Miss and her friends had a great time though at the zoo. We saw the gorillas, meerkats, elephants, giraffes, hippos, rhinos, lions, tigers, and bears (oh my), penguins, birds, sharks, komodo dragons and numerous other animals. We got to feed the birds and the lion was actually up and moving when we got there. We ate lunch in front of the white tiger and then headed off to check out the penguins and sharks.

I had a great little group of girls and the weather was perfect - slightly overcast with a little breeze!


No comments: