Monday, April 13, 2009

My Dad's birthday present

Out in my garden
early in the morning
see the little vegetables all in a row
see the rows of carrots
and the rows pf peas.
Water, hoe, grow, grow
In my garden please.
~ Sing to the tune of Down by the Station


These were just too cool not to mention :)
My dad's birthday is actually in February but with family being out of town and having to reschedule a couple of times we finally got to celebrate his birthday in April.

The kids and I decided that Gramps had enough woodworking tools so we wanted to make him something special that he would actually use.

We came up with Garden Stones. My dad just planted a fabulous garden out in his backyard and made little labels for each vegetable or fruit. We made him special garden stones for some of the plants. They turned out so cute that I'm going to make them for my garden as well.












1 comment:

Robyn said...

I LOVE THIS! What an awesome idea!!