Saturday, April 4, 2009

Little Miss can ride her bicycle

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like
~ Bicycle Race by Queen


The training wheels came off!



A couple of days ago Little Miss learned that two of her friends had taken the training wheels off of their bicycles and could ride their bikes by themselves. This prompted the ever determined Little Miss to decide that it was time for her to learn to ride her bike.


We took the training wheels off on March 17th. She practiced riding that bike EVERY day. To make it more difficult, we don't really have sidewalks in front of our house so she was practicing on our 30 foot wide deck :)


Once she got the balance figured out she started working on how to actually steer. I worked with her a little bit on the deck each day but for the most part, she taught herself to ride.




Today, for the first time, she was actually able to ride around the deck in control of the bike for a couple of turns. She was so proud of herself!

Way to go kiddo!!!

No comments: