Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

FUN, FUN, FUN is all I can say about Pumpkin Carving this year!

The kids are just getting to that age where we can actually do fun stuff :) This year we decided that we'd try pumpkin carving with them. The kids had their pumpkins from the Pumpkin Patch and I bought some push in Jack O Lantern face pieces. That turned out to be a grand idea! The kids picked out which pieces they wanted and only needed a bit of help to get them pushed in. They turned out great!


Ryan and I decided to try our hand at carving this year. Ryan cut off the tops of the pumpkins and the kids watched him scoop out the guts. Little Man especially love the innards and kept asking if he could eat the seeds.

I cut one pumpkin and Ryan did the other. I used a template from a book that I bought and carved a black cat jack o lantern. It looks really good all lit up. Ryan drew on a scary face to carve.


Look how cute they turned out... We had such a good time making our Jack O Lanterns this year!






No comments: