Monday, October 13, 2008

We're going camping

I got my gear in my pack
I got my pack on my back
Today's the day I'm going camping
Just got the go ahead sign, The weather's gonna be fine
Today's the day I'm going camping
I'm gonna pitch me a tent, Won't have to pay any rent
It looks like ev'rything is "A O.K.", As far as I can see
I think it's gonna be a perfect camping day
~ Going Camping by John Denver



The weather has been beautiful and our first camping trip was great so we decided to try camping with our friends again. This past weekend the group of us decided to try out Twin Coves Park on Lake Grapevine.

We loaded up our gear and got to the campground around 1 pm on Saturday afternoon and set up the tent at site #23. "Twin Coves is a very nice park on a small cove on Lake Grapevine. Sites are level, spacious, with lots of trees, and most have a view of the lake. A majority of the campsites are 100 to 500 yards from the water." Our campsite this time was a bit less primitive than last time :) We had electricity, running water, a great picnic table, and a nice view of the lake. We were able to park the cars right next to the site as well - which was quite a nice change from our last camping adventure :)




We spent Saturday afternoon playing t-ball, throwing the frisbee, playing on the nearby playground, and throwing rocks in the lake. Saturday evening we cooked hotdogs, cheeseburgers, and corn on the cob on the fire. After dinner we busted out the chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows to make s'mores!


Sunday morning we woke up for a breakfast of breakfast burritos, poptarts, and croissants. Then most of us headed down to the lake for some fishing. After lunch the kids played at the playground with some friends they had met and then it was time to pack up and head home.


We've had so much fun with these last two trips that we are already planning our next two night camping adventure!





1 comment:

Robyn said...

Oh, how I wish that was us camping with you guys. It looks so nice out there. We'd freeze to death if we tried camping right now.
Your kids having changed so much since I last saw them! I can't believe how long Avery's hair is.

ps- did you ever figure out the messy piggy tails?