Sunday, March 22, 2009

Little Man Turns 3!

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday my Little Man
Happy Birthday to you!

It's official! My Little Man has turned 3. Unbelievable.
















It's been three amazing and adventurous years with Little Man :) From the adorable baby boy that he was (here at 2 days old) to the awesome little boy that he has become. Anyone who knows him will understand what I'm talking about. Little Man is so much fun and so different than I expected a boy to be. I'm so glad that I get to experience the joy of being the mother of this awesome little boy. He's inquisitive and thoughtful and downright hilarious. I find it difficult to discipline him sometimes because he is so stinking funny. Seriously!


Little Man has taught me patience (an art for me that is still very much a work-in-progress), the joy of discovering dirt and grime (I know, I'm still not quite there either), and to not take myself too seriously because he surely doesn't. Little Man is all boy - or as my Dad says... He's all speed and no direction. I can't wait to see what the years bring for him!

Two weekends ago we had his 3rd birthday party. It was, of course, a Cars themed party. We invited all of our best friends along with his entire 2 year old class. My Dad made wooden race cars on the lathe along with the coolest race track. I spray painted all of the cars different colours. As each child came in they chose their car and wrote their name on them and decorated them with different coloured Sharpies. They then took their cars out onto the deck and raced them down the track. They had so much fun! Once they were done racing they went out into the yard to play in the sandbox or on the swingset.

Once playing time was over, we had lunch which was Little Man's favourite food.... peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! The kiddos had the sandwiches and the adults had pizza. It was such a great simple party and Little Man had a blast.
















No comments: